Cauliflower & Peas CURRY
A colorful, delicious duo of tasty vegetables. It’s simple and stunning!
THINGS YOU NEED:
1 large cauliflower
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup water
2 cups fresh or frozen peas
1 handful fresh cilantro
FROM THE SPICE BOX:
1 tablespoon mustard seeds
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
½ tablespoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin & coriander
¼ teaspoon chili powder*
*Note: if you prefer a hotter spice level
increase the amount of chili powder by ¼ teaspoon increments to suit your taste. Be cautious!
- Cut the cauliflower florets into 1 inch pieces
- Lightly chop the cilantro
- Prepare everything else from the Things You Need section so that all ingredients are at hand and you are ready to cook
- Heat the oil in the pan so it’s hot, then with the lid in your hand add the mustard seeds. Put the lid on quickly and let it pop for about 30 seconds.
- Add the fenugreek seeds and cover for another 30 seconds.
- Put the heat on low for 1 minute then add the cauliflower, salt, water, turmeric powder, chili powder and ground cumin & coriander. Stir it together, put the lid on and let it simmer on medium heat for another 10 minutes.
- Add the peas and simmer for another 10 minutes with the lid on (if it begins to stick to the pan add a little water).
- Take it off the heat and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Suggested serving accompaniments include plain yogurt and rice or non gluten free options such as naan or pita bread.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (serving size 338g)