A delicious curry sauce with hard boiled eggs. You simply have to try it!
THINGS YOU NEED:
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 large onions
3 medium fresh tomatoes
Juice of ½ lemon
1 tablespoon fresh garlic
1 tablespoon fresh ginger
1 tablespoon tomato paste
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup of water
1 handful fresh cilantro
FROM THE SPICE BOX:
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon garam masala
1 ½ tablespoon ground cumin & coriander
½ teaspoon chili powder*
*Note: if you prefer a hotter spice level
increase the amount of chili powder by ¼ teaspoon increments to suit your taste. Be cautious!
- Peel and dice onions into ¼ inch pieces
- Blend the tomatoes in a food processor
- Peel and chop the garlic as finely as possible
- Peel and chop the ginger as finely as possible
- Chop the cilantro as finely as possible
- Prepare everything else from the Things You Need section so that all ingredients are at hand and you are ready to cook
- Heat the oil in the pan so it’s hot then add the cumin seeds and let it sizzle for about 30 seconds.
- Add the onions, stir it and cook on a medium heat for about 25 minutes or until the onions are REALLY brown.
- Add the blended tomatoes, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, tomato paste, salt, water, garam masala, ground cumin & coriander and chili powder, then stir it and simmer the sauce for 20 minutes with the lid on.
- Whilst the sauce is cooking, hard boil the eggs and then remove the shells and cut the eggs into halves.
- When you are ready to serve, place the sauce on the plate then add the eggs on top.
- Garnish with the chopped cilantro and serve.
- Suggested serving accompaniments include rice, quinoa or cous cous or non gluten free options such as naan or pita bread.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (serving size 362g)