OKRA & MUSHROOM CURRY
Slices of greatness await in this quick and tasty dish; super speedy, super tasty!
THINGS YOU NEED:
1 lb okra
1 medium onion
10 oz / 280 g mushrooms
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
1 handful fresh cilantro
FROM THE SPICE BOX:
1 teaspoon fenugreek seeds
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
2 tablespoons ground cumin & coriander
¼ teaspoon chili powder*
*Note: if you prefer a hotter spice level
increase the amount of chili powder by ¼ teaspoon increments to suit your taste. Be cautious!
- Cut the top and bottom off the Okra and then slice into 4 lengthway
- Peel and slice the onions into long thin slices
- Slice the mushrooms
- Lightly chop the cilantro
- Prepare everything else from the Things You Need section so that all ingredients are at hand and you are ready to cook
- Heat the oil in the pan so it’s hot, then add the fenugreek seeds and let it sizzle for about 30 seconds, or until it turns pink.
- Add the okra, mushrooms, onions, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and ground cumin & coriander. Stir it all together and let it simmer on a low heat for 15 minutes with the lid on.
- Take the lid off and then simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally on a low heat.
- Take it off the heat and stir in the cilantro.
- Suggested serving accompaniments include rice, quinoa or cous cous or non gluten free options such as naan or pita bread.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (serving size 928g)