A deliciously quick and simple potato curry to enjoy hot or cold.
THINGS YOU NEED:
4 medium white potatoes
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons water
1 handful fresh cilantro
FROM THE SPICE BOX:
1 tablespoon cumin seeds
½ teaspoon turmeric
1 tablespoon ground cumin & coriander
½ teaspoon chili powder*
*Note: if you prefer a hotter spice level
increase the amount of chili powder by ¼ teaspoon increments to suit your taste. Be cautious!
- Peel and dice the potatoes into approximately ½ inch cubes
- Lightly chop the cilantro
- Prepare everything else from the Things You Need section so that all ingredients are at hand and you are ready to cook
- Heat the oil in the pan so it’s hot and then add the cumin seeds and let it sizzle for about 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes, salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and ground cumin & coriander. Stir it thoroughly and simmer for a minute or two.
- Add the water, stir it well then put the lid on and let it simmer for 25 minutes on a low heat. Keep checking just in case it sticks. If so, you may need to add a little more water, stir it each time. Do not overcook – once the potatoes are cooked through the dish is ready.
- Serve and lightly garnish with cilantro.
- Suggested serving accompaniments include plain yogurt, rice or salad and non gluten free options such as pita bread.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (serving size 260g)